Corned Beef, Potatoes & Cabbage
“MOMMY!!! I think you should make this EVERY night!!!”
That’s what my 5yo said to me during tonight’s dinner: Corned Beef, Boiled Potatoes and butter-sauteed Cabbage.
This isn’t a new meal for us in our house. In fact, it’s a long-standing favorite. My kids love how it tastes. I love how EASY it is — especially since I make most of it in my beloved crock pot!
- cut open the package of corned beef and put the meat in the crock pot
- cover with water
- if there’s a seasoning packet, add the contents to the water (mine did not have this tonight.)
- turn on crock pot (I set mine for 6hrs.)
- 2.5 hours before serving, put quartered potatoes into the water.
- on the stove, saute thinly-shredded cabbage in melted butter (I sprinkle ours with kosher salt and celery seed.)
This meal vanishes from my kids’ plates! While it’s not exactly an ‘experimental’ recipe for my family, I thought I’d mention it as a possible one to try if you’re feeling adventurous. And, thanks to the crock pot, it’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
I’m having fun writing this blog… I hope you’re having fun reading it. 🙂